JGI Data Release Policy
The JGI Standard Data Release Policy for all projects is immediate public release, with the exception of the Bioenergy Research Centers (BRC). The data released includes the following:
- Sanger trace files are available from NCBI's Trace Archive. Short reads (454 and Illumina) are deposited to NCBI's Sequence Read Archive (SRA) as the data becomes available.
- Draft assemblies and preliminary automated annotation will be posted on the public JGI website and submitted publically to GenBank as the data becomes available. The release of draft assemblies and preliminary automated annotation may not be simultaneous.
- Improved assemblies and annotation or other value-added data will be publicly released
as they become available.
- All data are subject to the data usage policies described at http://genome.jgi-psf.org/pages/data-usage-policy.jsf.
- After the initial release to the PI, all assemblies and annotations (including finished or other value-added data) will be publically released immediately.
For BRC projects, the public release of Data can be delayed for up to six months after initial release to the PI.
This JGI Standard Data Release policy is effective for all CSP proposals/projects approved May 15, 2009 and later.